But the great news is that we can all take action to increase our levels of Serotonin in a natural way, with just small adaptations to our current life in most cases.
So how can we do this? Well Serotonin is a reward chemical and we are rewarded when we do many activities such as interacting in a positive way, feeling a sense of purpose, gaining respect and feeling that we have achieved something. I have listed a few different ways to increase your Serotonin levels below to give you some guidance.
- Completing a task (big or small) that you have been putting off doing
- Ringing a friend
- Joining a group
- Reflecting on a time of success
- Looking back on some happy photo’s
- Getting some extra daylight into your day
- Gratitude – making a note of the things that you feel good about every night
- Challenging yourself to achieve something new
These are just a few examples but there are many more. The challenge is to add something into your everyday life to increase your natural flow of Serotonin and increase that feeling of inner balance. I’m running the challenge over on my Facebook page (@haworthhypnotherapy in July 2019)
Virtual Mindset Coach and Clinical Hypnotherapist